Wednesday, July 2, 2014

This is the year to...

Hello World!
This summer has been most eventful so far! France was amazing! Paris was how I imagined it would be. The Arc de Triomphe was the most surprising landmark we visited. Walking up those horrible spiral stairs was completely worth it! Also, Sainte-Chapelle was incredible. The stained glass was the most beautiful I have ever seen. When you enter the bottom floor you feel that maybe the long wait wasn't worth it, but as soon as you go upstairs you're blown away by the crazy amount of colors all over the place. The room itself just has a spectacular glow about it. After Paris, we went to Strasbourg, which is my new favorite place! The Alsace region as a whole was magnificent. The German feel of Strasbourg was so fun and interesting and the wine tour we booked through Ophorus was so much fun! It didn't hurt that the wine was absolutely incredible either. The food in Alsace was amazing too. I could not get enough spaetzle if I tried. I'm totally making it this summer. After Strasbourg we went to Avignon. Avignon may have been my least favorite, except for the Popes Palace. The rose ceremony was beginning when we visited which made the Popes Palace stunningly beautiful. All of the roses against the concrete was just so gorgeous. Other than that, and all of the goat cheese you can imagine, Avignon was uneventful. We took a tour of Provence, also through Ophorus, but because we were too early to see the lavender, we didn't see too much. After that we went to Villefranche-sur-mer. I can now say I put my feet in the Mediterranean. I can also say I climbed the Nietzsche Path, in flats and a skirt. Also while in France, I tried duck and escargot. Both delicious. I am so happy and thankful that I had the opportunity to travel to another country and learn and experience new things.

Now on to the rest of my summer. I started my new part-time job at Athleta and I love it! My coworkers are amazing and always positive! I love being a part of a company that really values its employees. It's a great feeling. Ever since I began working there, I started becoming more involved in fitness. I have started going to the gym about 3 times a week where I mostly only do cardio. I run on the treadmill and I can start to tell that it's becoming easier for me. Two days ago I ran 3.16 miles in 45 minutes burning 405 calories! I know compared to a lot of people that's pretty slow. That equals an average of a 14 minute mile. I have a ways to go, but I'm taking the little steps to get there. Running has never been my thing. I really want to start doing pilates again and I really want to start taking barre classes also. I'm going to push myself to stay active all summer and hopefully bring it in to my final school year.

Speaking of school year, my final year at FIT is approaching! I'm so excited. I'm doing an internship through FIT for credit next fall. I have an interview next week with DVF and one at the end of July with Marc Jacobs. I'm so happy that things are finally starting to take off! I've been trying so hard to get an internship on my own but I never had my foot in the door for it to happen. Now doing it through school gives me that chance. DVF would be a dream to work for, let alone intern for. Her iconic wrap dress is an item I want in my dream closet. I've always looked up to her and her designs and I hope I get the opportunity to work for DVF.

This year will be my year, I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment