Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chai

Still playing catch up, it's Thirsty Thursday. Today I'm not taking the alcohol route but instead going the Starbucks route. I have a L O V E for Starbucks. I repinned a pin on Pinterest that was about recreating Starbucks drinks. When I don't want a coffee I order a chai tea, which is today's Thirsty Thursday recipe! This recipe was taken from womanfreebies.com.

Starbucks Chai Tea

  • 3 cups water
  • 3 cups milk
  • 6-8 black or decaf black tea bags
  • 1/2 cup of honey
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground cardamom
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger

Bring water and milk to a boil. Add other ingredients, return to boil. Turn off the heat and let steep for 3-5 minutes. Remove tea bags and then filter through a fine strainer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment