Monday, March 11, 2013

We get so comfortable

Hello!
So it's ManicUre Monday! I actually gave myself a manicure today, which took a lifetime because I kept messing up and my nails show it, and I really wish I was able to post a picture but the pictures are on my phone and in my dorm room I have absolutely no internet connection whatsoever so unfortunately I will not be able to post pictures of my nails. However, I will tell you what they look like. I used a mint green for the base and then I did a triangle on each nail starting at the cuticle. On the thumb and ring fingers I did gold triangles and on all the rest I did silver. I really like the way they came out I just wish they came out more professional looking. I was actually somewhat upset at first because I finally was able to purchase Matte About You by Essie, which gives your nails a matte finish. I originally painted my nails and metallic dark blue with a silver french tip and when I tried to use the matte polish you could barely notice I put it on. I think I need to keep experimenting with it but for now I like the manicure I have.

Some designer info: on Facebook today I saw a post about Marc Jacob's Coke bottle designs. They are gorgeous! I want to collect them. Also, Betsey Johnson will be at Macy's Herald Square on Wednesday designing window displays from 12-3! If you're in the area you should definitely check it out! I know I will be there!

I have been trying to eat a little healthier recently (although I haven't been trying as hard as I should) and I definitely have a way of telling myself I'm doing better than I really am. Today I had a cup of coffee with creamer, a bottle of water, Panera's mediterranean veggie sandwich with a back of their kettle cooked potato chips for lunch. Then a grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun with american cheese, a tomato, honey mustard, and a pickle with a side salad and a coke zero for dinner. I would say that is decently well until I had a craving for ice cream. I had Haagen Dazs coffee flavored ice cream. I think tomorrow I'm going to start the Parisian diet. I saw it on TV, you eat basically anything you want just in about a third of the portion size that we here in America are used to. I know that when I originally cut my portion size down I lost weight, so I'm going to do this. I am also going to start doing some more workouts. I found a great list of about 9 lower ab workouts that I'm going to try tomorrow night. I'll post all the pictures now! Time for positive changes.
Melissa










No comments:

Post a Comment