Thursday, December 6, 2012

Love the giver more than the gift. - Brigham Young

Hey everyone!
I've been super busy lately preparing for finals and cannot wait for winter break, even though mine only consists of a few weeks because I'm taking a winter class. I'm so excited for the wonderful Christmas celebrations and traditions of my family. The tree is up and has been up since the day after Thanksgiving, the snowbabies are on display, the stockings are hung on the railing of the stairs, and the snowflake shower curtain has made its way to the bathroom. Probably my favorite part out of all of the decorations is the snowbabies. I love love love them! My mom decorates them beautifully with white fluff underneath them with lights underneath that. It's my favorite part about the holidays. Aside from decorations, my other favorite tradition, which is definitely going to stay a tradition for me, is the feast of the seven fishes. It's the most delicious tradition ever, aside from stuffing at Thanksgiving. I have a wonderful love for seafood. Of course another main part of the holidays is gift giving! I love to see the expressions on people's faces when they receive gifts. I haven't fully decided yet what I'm getting my boyfriend or the majority of his family yet but I know it will be great! I would also like to make donations this year. I live in an area that was effected by Hurricane Sandy. It would really mean a lot to me to be able to make some donations to those in need. So many people were effected badly from the storm and many don't even have the option of celebrating the holidays. For any readers who would also like to donate to those in need, please don't hesitate! I'll write again soon!
Melissa



This used to be covered by sand dunes and only the top portion of the fence and poll used to be exposed.

The only damage that my house thankfully had was a fallen fence.

This pictures shows how far the water reached in our backyard. The water height reached our bottom step in the front of our house.

This is my boyfriend's house. A very large tree fell on their roof and now they have a whole in their attic and a whole where a skylight used to be. They are still without heat.




No comments:

Post a Comment