Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Always look on the bright side of life

I did not get to watch Ravenswood tonight. Instead I cooked a delicious quinoa dinner. I cooked an entire box of quinoa (will hold me off for awhile), used 2 cans of golden mushroom soup (Campbell's), and 2 cans of water. I also added some sauteed peppers and onions when the quinoa was done cooking. It was my first time making it by myself and I started off rocky, but now that I know what to do, I plan on cooking it very often. One bowl of quinoa, which for me was maybe a cup and a half roughly, filled me up completely. Next time I am certainly going to measure my portion after it cooks so I know I am eating the proper size, but either way its a great alternative to pasta or regular rice and in my opinion, just as tasty. I did really great eating all around today. I started with a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee. For lunch I had a sandwich: multigrain bread, two slices of turkey, two slices of muenster cheese, and honey mustard. And finished my day with my quinoa dinner.

I also did a cardio workout today. I did the elliptical for 30 min, which is all my school allows because of the small number of machines. I decided to choose the interval selection workout today and I actually really enjoyed it. It alternated between 2 min at resistance 1, crossramp 4, and 2 min at resistance 8, crossramp 10. The weight loss selection uses the same resistance levels but does each for 4 min so I found the interval training to be slightly easier. I burned just shy of 300 calories and did over 2.5 miles. I will admit it is discouraging to know that this workout was tough, tiring, and challenging for me towards the end, when a girl two ellipticals away from me was probably at resistance 10 for her entire 30 minutes. I know I'm showing some improvement and I know I shouldn't compare myself to her, but it's frustrating sometimes.

Life is what we make of it so it's time to stay positive!

My delicious quinoa dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment