Thursday, October 17, 2013

Will you still love me?

Well. It has been a very long time since I've taken part in blogging and I can say it's been somewhat of a hectic time. I'm back in school and busy with school work and planning out where everything is going to lead me. I've been trying to be really proactive with school this semester and I hope it's paying off. Lately I've been trying to get my priorities straight. I've been working out a lot more than I was previously attempting to do, I'm trying to eat right but also on a budget, I'm trying to find a balance between school, work and social life, and I'm also trying to have some down time. I will say though that I am in an incredibly better place mentally and emotionally than I was last year and thinking about that makes me insanely happy. So now since things in my life are really on track now, I want to start vigorously blogging.

So since I'm starting on an awkward day and time, I'm gonna stray from my original schedule to talk about something that I've seen brought up on Facebook. Maria Kang, a "mom of three, business owner, nonprofit founder, creator of The Belly Ball and accidental No Excuse Mom", was basically shammed for posting a picture of herself in a sports bra with her three children with the caption, "What's your excuse?"People made comments that she is a bully and is fat-shaming. In my opinion, I think her photo is motivational. Maybe I only find it motivational because I recently started to aspire to lead a healthier life, or maybe I find it motivational because it shows even when you have a lot on your plate you can still achieve your goals. That's how I interpret it. She's not trying to make people feel ashamed. I used to make excuses for myself all the time. I recently saw another picture that said "if you have time to Facebook, you have time to work out." I agree fully with that statement. I used to have my priorities out of whack and would spend more time on social media sites and Netflix opposed to working towards my goals. I would be upset with the way I looked but wouldn't do anything about it. I think that is what Maria is trying to convey. If you want something, you have to work for it. Nothing comes for free. I'd love feedback on the situation and to get different perspectives!

No comments:

Post a Comment